- The Safety Production Manager will visit all tree crews and increase productivity, instill safety, and train staff for all tree care practices. The safety production manager will work closely with the administrative dispatcher in monitoring all the crew’s activity.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit all tree crews daily, assisting with the completion of each job by teaching the tree technicians the most productive approach. Stay with each crew a few hours per day on an ongoing irregular cycle.
- Enforce safety standards including the use of personal protective equipment (hard hat, glasses, ear muffs, chaps, etc.)
- Update industry knowledge by participating in educational training programs
- Determine the best crew structure
- Provide and recommend corrective action and promotion recommendations
- Monitor, enforce, and document safety/policy violations or inappropriate behavior
- Lead annual reviews of all tree technicians
- Become thoroughly familiar with current ANSI standards and our company policies
- Identify and implement safeguards to protect employees from workplace hazards
- Work with foremen and tree technicians to increase overall crew safety, technical ability, and efficiency.
- Work with tree technicians on difficult job sites, provide coaching/instruction to personnel
- Work with company mechanic to ensure availability and completion of needed equipment repairs
- Assist with developing new systems or ideas to improve the company in all aspects.
- Ensure proper cleanup of job sites
- Implement a regimented program for increased safety on all job sites
- Hands-on training and oversight will be provided to ensure that the employee has a strong understanding of administrative tasks required as well as a thorough understanding of the tree care industry.
- The employee will be required to take one CTSP safety class offered by TCIA.
- The employee is encouraged to read and research about the tree care industry to further expand upon their knowledge.
- The production manager will be provided a truck for transportation to and from job sits.
- All necessary ropes, gear, PPE, saws, uniforms, etc. will be stocked in said truck
- The employee will be required to provide their own climbing gear
- The employee will work Monday through Friday 7 AM – 4 PM and every other Saturday.
- The employee will be compensated based upon experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available.
- Retirement plan with 3% company match is available.