The Field Operations Manager/ Commercial Sales position is expected to dispatch crews in the morning; troubleshoot any employee/job issues while exercising the utmost efficiency for the company.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all employees and assist with keeping them efficient in their daily duties.
- Obtain and manage relationships with larger clients such as golf course superintendents and school facilities directors.
- Run estimates keeping tree crews booked with work.
- Address any employee issues; fill in absent spots, keeping everyone moving efficiently.
- When visiting job sites ensure all employees are wearing proper PPE, ensure AlturnaMATS®are being used, increase production and reduce property/equipment damages.
- Maintain wood storage in Norwalk. Do not let the amount of wood exceed one tractor-trailer load, or build up beyond designated area.
- Must understand the importance of being a team player and assisting coworkers to obtain one large accumulative goal.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize both assigned and self-directed projects.
- Utilize strong problem solving and research skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Dependability and integrity.
- CT Arborist License is required.
- CTSP certification preferred, or willingness to take course and obtain.
- EHAP certification preferred, or willingness to take course and obtain.
- A minimum of two years of administrative experience is required
- Ability to use the iCloud calendar
Hands-on training and oversight will be provided by the Office Operations Manager and Sales Manager in accordance with a training chart to ensure that the employee has a strong understanding of administrative tasks required as well as a basic understanding of the tree business including trade tools, equipment, and vehicles and sales.
- The employee shall work Monday through Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM and two Saturdays per month 7:00 AM – 5 PM.
- The employee will be compensated based upon experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available.
- Retirement plan with 3% company match is available.